Francis Wheen’s Top 10 Modern Delusions
- “God is on our side”
- The market is rational
- There is no such thing as reality
- We mustn’t be “judgmental”
- Laissez-faire capitalism is the prerequisite for trade and prosperity
- Astrology and similar delusions are “harmless fun”
- Thin air is solid
- Sentimental hysteria is a sign of emotional maturity
- America’s economic success is entirely due to private enterprise
- “It could be you. . .”
Jeffrey Veen’s Seven Steps to Better Presentations
- Tell stories
- Show pictures.
- Don’t apologize.
- Start strong.
- End strong too.